HOW TO CHOOSE THE BEST IN SAN LUIS OBISPO CAT DENTAL CARE–
HERE ARE EIGHT THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW!!
Cat dental cleanings are NOT all the same. Nor are they just like dog dental cleanings, only smaller. At Mission Animal Hospital, we are PASSIONATE about your cat’s teeth and how to help them. Want to know more? Here’s how to compare San Luis Obispo cat dental care.
1) CATS DON’T LIKE DOGS. At Mission Animal Hospital, we keep our kitty patients far away from dogs. Separate exam room? Check. Separate lodging? Check. Bring us your cat’s bed or blanket, and that’s where they will stay.
2) THERE IS NOTHING MORE IMPORTANT THAN YOUR CAT’S SAFETY. At Mission Animal Hospital, your cat is cared for by a team of three– a doctor, a supervising technician, and an assistant– who are focused only on your cat. No distractions.
3) DID YOU KNOW THERE ARE LITERALLY DOZENS OF WAYS TO ANESTHETIZE A CAT? At Mission Animal Hospital, we use only the safest drugs for your cat, and continually monitor them while they are snoozing with the latest in technology– blood pressure, EKG, and pulse oximetry. We NEVER EVER leave your cat’s side until they are completely awake after their procedure.
4) CATS HATE COLD. Because of cats’ small size, while they are anesthetized their temperature can gradually drop to dangerous levels. At Mission Animal Hospital we have heated surgical tables, we swaddle your snoozing cat in fleece… through which we blow gently warmed air. It’s like a day at the spa!!
5) THE ONLY WAY TO KNOW HOW HEALTHY YOUR CAT’S TEETH ARE IS TO TAKE X-RAYS. OF EVERY TOOTH. Two thirds of every tooth in your cat’s body is buried under the gums, so we at Mission Animal Hospital take x-rays of every tooth in your cat’s body. Just like your dentist.
6) BAD BREATH CAN MEAN A SHORTER LIFE FOR YOUR CAT. If your cat has bad breath, it means they have infections under their gums. These can cause cancer, heart disease, and kidney problems for your cat. That’s why we at Mission Animal Hospital use repository antibiotics under the gums, to keep on killing bacteria even after your kitty goes home.
7) DO CATS GET CAVITIES? YOU BET THEY DO. If your cat has a cavity, or what we call a resorptive lesion, they are in excruciating pain. Every day. At Mission Animal Hospital, we can help you solve it.
8) THERE IS NOTHING MORE IMPORTANT THAN SOLVING YOUR CAT’S PAIN. At Mission Animal Hospital, if we perform gum surgery or an extraction for your kitty, we use a combination of long-acting local anesthetics (like Novocaine, only better) and the best in pain relief to keep your cat as comfortable as possible. We can even give them an antibiotic that will last for 14 days… so you don’t have to try to poke a pill down their throat twice a day. How cool is that?
AND NOW YOU KNOW HOW TO CHOOSE THE BEST IN SAN LUIS OBISPO CAT DENTAL CARE. Have a dog? Here you go.
THINK YOUR CAT NEEDS DENTAL HELP? At Mission Animal Hospital, we would be honored to examine your cat’s mouth at no charge. Then we’ll give you the answers you need to keep your kitty purring along!!
At Mission Animal Hospital, we are passionate about your cat’s health care. That’s why we are OPEN 7 DAYS A WEEK, and that’s why we have more FIVE STAR YELP REVIEWS than any other veterinary clinic in a hundred miles. Really. We’d love to help you keep your cat in perfect health!!