Emergency & Urgent Care
IF YOU HAVE A SAN LUIS OBISPO PET EMERGENCY, HERE’S WHAT YOU NEED TO DO.
IF YOUR SAN LUIS OBISPO PET IS HAVING DIFFICULTY BREATHING, JUMP IN THE CAR AND COME TO MISSION ANIMAL HOSPITAL. Mission Animal Hospital is your San Luis Obispo pet emergency clinic. We are located next to Trader Joe’s at 3973 S. Higuera St. Mission Animal Hospital is open 7 days a week, and we’ll be waiting for you.
IF YOUR SAN LUIS OBISPO PET HAS BEEN INJURED:
- If your pet is bleeding, bandage the affected area.
- Do not let your pet lick at that area, as it could make them vomit.
- Call or come to Mission Animal Hospital in San Luis Obispo.
IF YOUR SAN LUIS OBISPO DOG HAS INGESTED A TOXIN:
- If it happened less than a half hour ago, make your dog vomit by making them drink either hydrogen peroxide or saltwater. Just point their chin at the sky, open their mouth, and pour it into their mouth. Repeat until they vomit
- Call ASPCA Poison Control Hotline at (888) 426-4435. Have your credit card handy.
- Bring your dog to us at Mission Animal Hospital. We are your San Luis Obispo pet emergency room, and we can be reached at (805) 250-9209. We are open seven days a week to help you.
IF YOUR SAN LUIS OBISPO PET IS VOMITING REPEATEDLY:
- Prevent them from eating or drinking anything else, as it will just worsen their nausea
- Do NOT let them eat grass, because it will just make things
- Check to make sure there are no toxins around your home
- Call us at Mission Animal Hospital. We are your San Luis Obispo pet emergency clinic, open every day to help you and your pet, and can be reached at (805) 250-9209.
IF YOUR SAN LUIS OBISPO PET INHALES A STICKER, call us and come on down. We’ll anesthetize your dog and remove the sticker so that you both can return to a normal life.
IF YOUR SAN LUIS OBISPO PET CANNOT URINATE, this is a medical emergency – and very painful, too. Come on down or give us a call at (805) 250-9209.
IF YOU ARE TRAVELING SOUTH FROM SAN LUIS OBISPO AND NEED A PET EMERGENCY CLINIC, here is a link to Advanced Veterinary Specialists in Santa Barbara:
IF YOU ARE TRAVELING NORTH FROM SAN LUIS OBISPO AND NEED A PET EMERGENCY CLINIC, here is a link to Pet Specialists of Monterey.
Mission Animal Hospital is proud to announce that we are now open SEVEN (7) days a week to provide URGENT CARE. And Avila pets. And Morro Bay pets. And anybody else who needs help!!
Our URGENT CARE FOR SAN LUIS OBISPO PETS allows owners an affordable alternative to high-priced and impersonal emergency care. Mission Animal Hospital is open both Saturdays and Sundays from 9 am to 3 pm.
Examples of URGENT CARE FOR SAN LUIS OBISPO PETS INCLUDE FOXTAILS, ABSCESSES, URINARY INFECTIONS, LACERATIONS, AND SKIN PROBLEMS. MISSION ANIMAL HOSPITAL CAN SOLVE THESE FOR YOU AND YOUR PET…. AND LET YOU ENJOY YOUR WEEKEND AS WELL.
Mission Animal Hospital has state of the art imaging with both ultrasound and x-ray, and a comprehensive laboratory that allows us to get answers for your pet when you need them most– NOW. This allows us to tailor our treatments to your pet’s individual needs and to reassure anxious pet owners, knowing that their pets will receive the best in urgent care when they need it the most.
If your pet requires emergency surgery, we as a team of doctors have over 50 years’ cumulative experience. With this knowledge we can offer your pet the best of care… and peace of mind for you, as well.
When your pet does need the care of a specialist or 24 hour monitoring, we can coordinate their care with 24 hour clinics on the central coast, and specialists ranging from Santa Barbara to Monterey. When this is needed, we will act as your pet’s advocate, coordinating with you to provide the very best in a health care team for the good of your pet.