HOW TO CHOOSE THE BEST IN SAN LUIS OBISPO DOG DENTAL CARE??
HERE ARE SEVEN THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW!!
Dog dental cleanings can vary widely in their cost, their safety and their completeness. At Mission Animal Hospital, we are PASSIONATE about your pet’s teeth and how best to protect them. Want to know more? Here’s how to compare San Luis Obispo dog dental care.
1) THERE IS NOTHING MORE IMPORTANT THAN YOUR DOG’S SAFETY. At Mission Animal Hospital, your dog is cared for by a team of three caregivers– a doctor, a technician, and an assistant– who are focused solely on your pet without distraction.
2) WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR PET’S ANESTHESIA? At Mission Animal Hospital, we NEVER leave your pet’s side until they are completely awake after their procedure. WE use only the safest drugs, and every pet is monitored continually with the same technology used in human ICUs– blood pressure, EKG, and pulse oximetry.
3) COLD IS A BIG PROBLEM FOR ANESTHETIZED DOGS. As pets snooze with their mouth opens, their temperature can gradually drop to dangerous levels. At Mission Animal Hospital we have heated surgical tables, we cover your pet in fleece, give them warmed IV fluids, and we continually warm your pet with gently heated air circulating through their blankets.
4) NOBODY CAN TELL THE HEALTH OF YOUR DOG’S TOOTH WITHOUT TAKING AN X-RAY OF IT. Two thirds of your dog’s tooth is buried under the gums.Just like your dentist, we at Mission Animal Hospital take x-rays of EVERY tooth in your dog’s body.
5) THERE IS ONLY ONE REASON FOR YOUR DOG TO HAVE BAD BREATH. Periodontal infections can shorten your pet’s life by up to a year–a proven fact. At Mission Animal Hospital, we use repository antibiotics under any areas of infected gums to eliminate those painful bacteria for your dog.
6) IF YOUR PET’S TOOTH IS LOOSE, IT MEANS IT IS VERY PAINFUL AND VERY INFECTED. There are times when the only way to solve your pet’s discomfort is to extract an infected or broken tooth. Your dog will thank you!!
7) THERE IS NOTHING MORE IMPORTANT THAN YOUR DOG’S COMFORT. At Mission Animal Hospital, if we perform gum surgery or an extraction, we use a combination of long-acting local anesthetics (like Novocaine, only better) and the best in pain relief to keep your dog as comfortable as possible.
SO NOW YOU KNOW HOW TO CHOOSE THE BEST IN SAN LUIS OBISPO DOG DENTAL CARE.
THINK YOUR DOG NEEDS DENTAL HELP? At Mission Animal Hospital, we are happy to examine the health of your dog’s mouth at no charge. Then we’ll give you the answers you need to keep your dog smiling!!
Listen, we at Mission Animal Hospital are PASSIONATE about the health care of your dog. It’s why we are OPEN SEVEN (7) DAYS A WEEK, and why we have the best FIVE STAR YELP REVIEWS in a hundred miles. Because we care.